Synopsis/Dissertation Protocol Writing Workshop” (Day 2)
Scientific Committee, AIMS, organized a two day “Synopsis/Dissertation Protocol Writing Workshop” on 16th and 17th March 2023.
Day 2 of the workshop began with reflections of day 1 by post graduates, Dr Faisal and Dr Tejaswini in MEU hall and Dr Anuj and Dr Santosh in AV hall, library.
Day 2 sessions began with a deliberation on
1. “Sample size estimation and sampling techniques” by Dr N Amulya, Assistant Professor, Department of Community Medicine and Dr Manuja, Assistant Professor, Department of Community Medicine.
2. Followed by a session on “How to choose appropriate statistical tests” by Dr Sheetal MP, Associate Professor, Department of Community Medicine and Dr Raghavendra SK, Associate Professor, Department of Community Medicine which was followed by an exhaustive and meaningful group activity.
3. “How to write an effective title” was discussed by Dr Aliya Nusrath, Professor and head, Department of Biochemistry and Dr Vijay Kumar AG, Professor and head, Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
4. A session on “Reference Writing and Plagiarism” was conducted by Dr Tejaswi HL, Professor and HOD, Department of Anatomy and Dr Vinay Bhat, Professor, Department of ENT.
5. A brief session on “Template for synopsis’ was taken by Dr Dhanalakshmi TA, Professor, Department of Microbiology and Dr Amita K, , Professor, Department of Pathology. The concluding session on “Ethics in Medical Research” was engaged by Dr Manuja, Associate Professor, Department of Community Medicine.
A post test scores were significantly higher than the pre test scores among all the postgraduates, implicating an effective outcome of the workshop.
Dr MG Shivaramu, Principal AIMS, Dean Health Sciences (Medical), Adichunchanagiri University, congratulated the postgraduates and scientific committee members and distributed the certificates to the participants and the resource persons. Program ended with a vote of thanks by Dr Amita K.